Am I An Alcoholic? Take Our Alcohol Use Disorder Assessment For Palm Beach
What Does It Mean To Have An Alcohol Use Disorder?
An alcohol use disorder is a chronic condition in which a person shows patterns of uncontrolled drinking that disrupt their life. The degrees of alcohol use disorder can vary, ranging from mild to severe addiction, and may negatively impact someone’s mental and physical health, work or school, and family and friends.
Here Are Just Some Symptoms Of Alcoholism
Individuals with alcohol use disorder could wrestle with:
- Cravings for alcohol
- Little control over their use
- Drinking leading to dangerous situations
- Mental or physical health problems directly related to excessive drinking
- Disruptive school or work performance caused by drinking
- Relationship strain caused by drinking
Is There A Cure For Alcoholism?
An alcohol use disorder will not be cured in the traditional way, but professional treatment can direct you to understand the triggers and trauma for drinking and give you the tools so you stay sober.
*This self-assessment should not be seen as a replacement for a professional evaluation.